What to Bring to Training
- SUNSCREEN and BUG SPRAY – Sunscreen is always a good idea to use in our UV intense climate. If mosquitos think you are particularly good tasting consider bringing some repellant.
- CLOTHING – It can be cool in the wintertime and hot during the summer, so bring clothes that you layer up or down as needed.
- FOOTWEAR – This is an extreme sport and footwear is very important. Wear boots with high tops that provide adequate ankle protection. Do not wear boots that have open clips for lacing – they can snag the lines of your paraglider wing. Do not wear sneakers or other kinds of low cut shoes if you want to avoid injury to your ankles.
- WATER & SNACKS – Bring plenty of water and snacks with you. Any kind of physical discomfort, including thirsty or hunger, dramatically affects a pilot's ability to fly well. It is always important to feel physically well when paragliding. We need to have 100% focus on flying.
- GLOVES – Wear a pair of gloves with thin leather palms and cloth backs, such as found at Lowes or Home Depot.
- HELMET for kiting you will need a lightweight bike/skate helmet like a Pro-tec.
- Bring your enthusiasm! Paramotoring is more fun than people are allowed to have – you will be hooked and not be able to keep your eyes off the birds and sky from this day forward. ;)